Shimla is a popular hill station of North India and many people visit the place to spend some quality time amidst nature and have a memorable trip with family. There are many popular places to visit in Shimla and enjoy the beauty and give yourself the time to rejuvenate and explore what more the world has to offer. Here is a brief on some of the popular places of the city and the ideal time to explore it.
Top places for Local Sightseeing in Shimla
With numerous options and a wide variety to explore, the city gives its travelers a lot more to see on their expedition.
1. Kufri: Located at a distance of 19 kilometers from Shimla, Kufri is an ideal destination to check out the tranquil beauty of white snow covered mountains. This also makes the place an ideal spot for adventurous snow activities like Skiing and hiking.
Best time to visit: Anywhere from November to February is the best time to visit if you want to witness the snow clad mountains.
2. Kiala Forest: If you are an animal lover, Kiala forest offers a spectacular view of the right blend of flora and fauna species. The lush greenery on both sides of the track gives a spectacular view during your walks through the forest. Green vegetation is at its peak here.
Best time to visit: When you visit during the months of March – October, it will help you see many varieties of plants and wildlife.
3. Annadale: This is like a Sports ground of Shimla. Here sports like Cricket, Polo and Golf are played. Built during the British rule, the place is quite popular for these entertainment activities. The picturesque beauty of the place is worth the visit. Surrounded on all sides by rich green natural beauty including trees, the place paves way for a serene and calm environment.
Best time to visit: Throughout the year
4. Himalayan Bird Park: The Bird Park is located in the Vice Regal lodge attracts thousands of tourists each year. Popular for its bird sightseeing, here one can see the species of pheasants, Himalayan monals and peacocks among many other. You can also witness some of the endangered bird species here.
Best time to visit: Visiting at different time intervals gives you a chance to
5. Johnnie’s Wax Museum: In case you are wondering this was never mentioned earlier in sightseeing list of Shimla, it’s a new addition to the cities top attraction established in the year 2016. Started by the MBM brothers company, this museum boasts of wax statues of around 16 Hollywood & Bollywood celebrities & sports personalities. Some famous personalities you can find here are Tony Stark, Mahatma Gandhi, Daniel Radcliffe, Narendra Modi and some more. Entry charges per person are 250 and are located at the Willow’s Bank estate.
Best time to visit: Throughout the year.
The above-mentioned are some of the places for local sightseeing in Shimla, but you can also indulge in some other activities like a visit to the popular Mall Road, Toy Train and a walk down the hill slope is always refreshing.